Plasma Fibroblast or ‘Plasma Skin Tightening’ is the only cosmetic treatment to use plasma to reduce the volume of excess skin, for tightening and lifting results.
This is a quick non-invasive and non-surgical skin tightening treatment. It uses plasma to revive natural levels of collagen and promotes rejuvenation of the skin. This treatment will tighten the skin, remove fine lines and wrinkles making your skin look healthier and tighter for years.
You will have a good idea of your results at the three month mark post-treatment, at which time we will perform a complimentary follow-up consultation. Results will continue to improve for up to twelve months post-treatment. A single session is often all you need however, up to three treatments can be performed on the same area if needed. If you would like a second or third treatment on the same treated area, we offer a 50% discount on follow-up treatments at the three month check up.
How does the treatment
The Plasma Fibroblast device works by creating a plasma arc (the combination of gas and electricity) from a small probe. The plasma arc causes a heated coagulation of the skin’s surface. Think of it as a tiny lightning bolt that jumps to the skin. The heat is not spread into any other area of the skin except for the area being treated. This stimulates the fibroblast cells in the skin to react to the “superficial trauma” to the epidermal layers, immediately reducing the volume of excess skin and beginning to tighten.
During the next few weeks of healing, collagen is triggered that results in a smoother, firmer appearance. This process will give a more youthful looking skin. Fantastic for tightening and lifting on specific areas of concern.
How long does the process take?
First, the technician will be applying a topical anaesthetic cream to minimize any risk of pain or discomfort. The cream will be left to work its magic for at least 30 minutes. The duration of the treatment, including numbing time, is approximately 60-90 minutes, depending on how large the area is which is being treated.
Is the procedure painful?
Plasma Fibroblast Skin Tightening is a NON-invasive procedure with a tolerable level of discomfort. After the treatment, the treated area might be reddish, feel hot and slightly tender, and some clients may experience swelling (especially for areas around the eyes). At the site of where each plasma arc touched the skin, a small crust will form. The crusts should not be touched and you should wait for 5–7 days for them to fall off naturally.
Are the results visible immediately after the treatment?
Some results are visible immediately after the treatment, but the maximum results will be visible after 12 weeks when the skin enters the third phase of healing – collagen and connective tissue growth.
How many treatments are required for a perfect result?
It depends on the state of the client’s skin and the desired degree of correction. The client is often satisfied after only one treatment, but up to three treatments can be performed on the same area to achieve the desired result. Follow-up treatments are performed at three month intervals.
How long will the eﬀect of the Fibroblast treatment last?
The results of the Plasma Fibroblast treatment are permanent and may be visible for years. But we should acknowledge that the aging process is continuous and thus the skin ages every day after the procedure and this cannot be stopped. The results of this method are permanent, but when we talk about expressive facial lines (worry/frown lines) these may recur quickly because the facial muscles are stronger than the skin and consequently the lines return. Average results last from 2-5 years.
Plasma skin tightening
Plasma Skin Tightening treatment is not suitable for everyone. There are risks associated with the treatment and it is of the utmost importance to know if you are a candidate for this advanced procedure.
If you are considering Plasma Skin Tightening, you should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no pre-existing health conditions. Ideal candidates for this cosmetic procedure are those with lax, crepe-like skin around the eyes, neck, tummy, mouth, or targeted area for the treatment.
Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is inadvisable for the following:
- If you are prone to keloid scars.
- If you have diabetes, healing disorders, or lymphatic draining issues.
- If you have a history of hyperpigmentation.
- If you wear a pacemaker.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This treatment is only recommended on light-medium skin tones. Anyone with a darker complexion is at risk for hyperpigmentation
- You must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). You must reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing an outbreak. If they have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sores/fever blisters) in the past you must see your Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment.
- If you are displaying signs of cold or ﬂu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Contact lenses must be removed when performing treatment on the upper eyelids.
- Skin should not be inﬂamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- If you have a sunburn/suntan treatment should be postponed for up to 8 weeks or until tan/burn signs disappear.
- Discontinue use of any AHA and/or Retinol skincare products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment MUST have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- Discontinue use of any cleansers, creams, and serums containing acids such as salicylic, glycolic, and lactic 4 weeks prior to having any facial Plasma Skin Tightening procedures performed.