Plasma skin tightening is a quick non-invasive and non-surgical rejuvenating treatment. It uses plasma to revive natural levels of collagen and promotes rejuvenation of the skin. This skin tighterning will also shrink pores, lift lines and smooth wrinkles making your skin look healthier and younger.
Results are immediate, and in most cases a single session is all you need.
How does the treatment actually work?
The Fibroblast plasma pen works by releasing a small electrical charge with plasma gas through a small needle like probe. The probe at no time is invading the skin. The electrical charge causes a heated coagulation of the skin surface. Think of it as a tiny lightning bolt. The heat is not spread in any other area of the skin except for the area being treated. This stimulates the fibroblast cells to react to the “superficial trauma” to the epidermal layers and immediately starts to tighten.
In the next few weeks of healing collagen is triggered to speed up and renew the skin. As we age our collagen production tends to breakdown. Imagine it being similar to the technique of welding except it is on the skin surface. This process will give a more youthful looking skin.
How long does the process take?
First, the technician will be applying a topical anaesthetic cream which will ensure guest comfort. This will minimize any risk of pain or discomfort. The cream will sit on the client for about 30 minutes , depending on the treated area. The duration of the treatment including numbing time is 60-90. This will depend on how large the area is being treated.
Is the procedure painful?
Fibroblast-Skin Tightening is a NON-invasive procedure with minimal level of pain. It is virtually painless, as the treated area is numbed before the treatment. After the treatment the treated area might be reddish and some patients may experience some swelling (only for areas around the eyes) . At the site of each spot a small crust will form. They should not be touched and you should wait for 4–5 days for them to fall off naturally. During the procedure the clients may feel some discomfort, not actual pain, depending on the treated area of the face/body.
Are the results visible immediately
after the treatment?
The results are visible immediately after the treatment, but the maximum results will be visible after 3–4 weeks when the skin enters the third phase of the healing – collagen and connective tissue growth.
How many treatments are required for a perfect result?
It depends on the state of the clients’ skin and the desired degree of correction. The client is often satisfied after only one treatment, of course if, e.g. the wrinkles are not very deep, but due to the simplicity of the procedure and the affordable price the clients opt for two or even three treatments to achieve a perfect result. The procedure may be repeated after the skin is fully regenerated, so 6–8 weeks after the procedure.
How long will the eﬀect of the Fibroblast treatment last?
The results of the Fibroblast treatment are permanent and may be visible for years. But we should acknowledge that the aging process is continuous and thus the skin ages every day after the procedure and this cannot be stopped. The results of this method are permanent, but when we talk about mimic facial lines (worry lines) these may recur quickly because muscles are stronger than the skin and consequently the lines recur. Average results last from 2-4 years.
Plasma skin tightening pre/post care
Plasma Skin Tightening treatment is not suitable for everyone. There are risks associated with the treatment and it is of the utmost importance to know if you are a candidate for this advanced procedure.
If you are considering Plasma Skin Tightening, you should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no pre-existing health conditions. Ideal candidates for this cosmetic procedure are those with lax, crepe-like skin around the eyes, neck, tummy, mouth, or targeted area for the treatment.
Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is inadvisable for the following:
- If you are prone to keloid scars.
- If you have diabetes, healing disorders, or lymphatic draining issues.
- If you have a history of hyperpigmentation.
- If you wear a pacemaker.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This treatment is only recommended on light-medium skin tones. Anyone with a darker complexion is at risk for hyperpigmentation
- You must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). You must reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing an outbreak. If they have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (cold sores/fever blisters) in the past you must see your Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment.
- If you are displaying signs of cold or ﬂu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Contact lenses must be removed when performing treatment on the upper eyelids.
- Skin should not be inﬂamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- If you have a sunburn/suntan treatment should be postponed for up to 8 weeks or until tan/burn signs disappear.
- Discontinue use of any AHA and/or Retinol skincare products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment MUST have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- Discontinue use of any cleaners, creams, and serums containing acids such as salicylic, glycolic, and lactic 4 weeks prior to having any facial Plasma Skin Tightening procedures performed.